Young Adult Residential Program
Our young adult student profile encompasses the following characteristics:
– Difficulty navigating social situations – Lacking social and daily living skills
– Mild to moderate intellectual disability – Autism Spectrum Disorder
– Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder – Specific learning disorders
– Depression – Anxiety
– Challenges with executive functioning – Challenges with processing
– Low self-esteem – Emotional Dysregulation
– Adoption issues – Family conflict
While in the Young Adult Residential Program, students live in a home in the community. Community access is an integral part of our program. Participating in physical, cultural, and social events and activities while at Waterfall Canyon Academy helps students learn to use their community as a resource and navigate it safely and successfully.
Driving up to Waterfall Canyon, you will see programs designed to look and feel like large homes. Students live in a home-like setting where students learn the value of daily living skills that include chores, laundry care, time management, personal hygiene, and organization. The trained staff support our students as they navigate through the day to encourage a healthy routine and positive interactions.
Find out which program best suits the needs for you or a loved one.