A therapist at Waterfall Canyon Academy counsels students with mental health issues and learning differences who reside in a residential program. They provide therapeutic support for the student and their family. Therapists at Waterfall Canyon Academy lead the Treatment Team and enhance programming by performing the following Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interview students to obtain information concerning social history, treatment, and other pertinent information.
- Oversee therapeutic treatment and behavior shaping to help students develop and demonstrate appropriate behaviors and coping skills.
- After gathering information from referring agencies, prior placements, assessments, family members, and personal observations, develop a treatment plan, make monthly progress notes, and review quarterly.
- Review progress toward treatment plan goals with students on a regular basis and make adjustments when necessary.
- Collaborate with the Treatment Team, psychologist/psychiatrist/APRN, and/or other specialists concerning treatment plans and make adjustments when necessary.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Treatment Team, School, family members, and Educational Consultants concerning student progress and make adjustments when necessary.
- Conduct a minimum of one individual and one family session per week for each student.
- Prepare for and conduct assigned weekly group therapy sessions.
- Complete and maintain notes for each therapy session (individual, family, and group) provided within 72 hours following the treatment session. (Excluding holidays and weekends)
- Support the Program Coordinator in the event of an incident involving a student from your caseload. Be available for consultation and intervention when necessary.
- Help students and their families respond constructively to treatment and assist in adjustment leading to and following discharge.
- Interpret psychiatric treatment to student’s family and help reduce fear and other attitudes obstructing acceptance of psychiatric care and continuations of treatment.
- Serve as link between students and their families to psychiatric agencies, and community resources.
- Collaborate with the Treatment Team, student, and student’s family to develop and implement appropriate transition/discharge planning.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
Licensed Social Worker
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
LCSW, LPC, LMFT, LCMHC